[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 31, Issue 66

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 20:32:59 CEST 2006

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:38:37 +0100
> From: "Alan Gauld" <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>
> Subject: Re: [Tutor] Fatal error after RE-installing Python 2.3.4
> To: tutor at python.org
>
> >>Have you installed in the same place as everybody else? Are your PATH
> settings the same?

I assume you mean the default install dir. C:\Python23. Yes

We have a detailed installation prodcedure. Everyone is supposed to use
this.
I have verified the path with another working system.

>>Otherwise I'm stumped and would tend to go for removing every reference to
Python, including all registry >>entries.
Doesn't the uninstall do this automatically? I selected the "Automatic"
setting during the uninstall.

I had a working Python isntallation for the last 2 weeks. I was able to run
scripts just fine.
Only after uninstalling and resinstalling did this problem show up.