[Tutor] Problems with Python Modules

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sun Sep 17 05:25:11 CEST 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 08:10:21PM -0700, Will Shattuck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install some python mud engines, but I keep running into
> problems with the software not seeing python modules.  Could this be
> due to environment variables missing on my system?  Here is an example
> of the most recent error message using the InnerSpace mud engine:

> C:\muds\InnerSpace-0.9>python bin\bootstrap_server.py --verdir verbs\
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bin\bootstrap_server.py", line 13, in ?
>     from twisted.scripts import mktap, twistd
>   File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\twisted\scripts\twistd.py", line 6, in ?
>     from twisted.python import log, syslog
>   File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\twisted\python\syslog.py", line 5, in ?
>     syslog = __import__('syslog')
> ImportError: No module named syslog

Try adding this for debugging:

    import sys
    print sys.path

That's a list of the directories where Python looks for modules to
be imported.

Are you sure that you want to import syslog from twisted.python?
syslog is a module in the python standard library.  Is there also a
module named syslog in twisted.python?

Dave

[snip]

--