[Tutor] Data structure question / PyGoogle

Brian Edward perronbe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 16:44:39 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I am new to Python (and programming in general) and am trying to get
PyGoogle figured out for some specific research interests.  Basically, I
have done a simple search using PyGoogle and have some sitting in memory.  I
have an object data.results, which is apparently a list:

>>> type(data.results)
<type 'list'>

In this list, I have ten URL saved, which I can access by using the brackets
and noting the specific elements.  For example:

>>> data.results[0].URL
'http://www.psychguides.com/gl-treatment_of_schizophrenia_1999.html'

>>> data.results[1].URL
'http://www.psychguides.com/sche.pdf'

My question is, how can I access all ten URLs in a single command.
Specifically, why does the following statement not work:

>>> data.results[0:10].URL

Traceback (most recent call last):
    data.results[0:10].URL
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'URL'

Again, I am new to Python, so a watered-down, conceptual response to this
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Brian