[Tutor] is there a tutorial on ez_install.py

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Fri Sep 8 19:47:15 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006, Kent Johnson wrote:
>johnf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a location (web link) that explains the inner workings of setuptools,
>> etc....
>
>http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall

Is it possible to use EasyInstall to install relative to a
directory other than the site-packages directory in the manner
that the standard distutils does with the ``--root'' option?

I build a lot of packages under the OpenPKG portable packaging
system which is an RPM based system, and find EasyInstall fits
Doug Gwynn's description of GUIs ``GUIs make simple things simple
and complex things impossible''.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``People who relieve others of their money with guns are called robbers. It
does not alter the immorality of the act when the income transfer is
carried out by government.''