[Tutor] Witch gui to choose for this script?

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:13:17 CEST 2006

rolando wrote:
> Well, I don't know if I can ask this question here, but never mind
> that :)
>
> It´s like this, I created this python script that translates "human
> language" to Al-bhed language (it's a language from the game Final
> Fantasy 10, it's basicly a change in the letters for example A becomes
> W or B become H).
>
> Since I like the script, and it's my first "program", I am now trying
> to create a GUI for it.
>
> So what do you recommend?

I don't think something like this lends itself to a particular GUI set,
so the question I have to ask you is:
Do you feel lucky?

Just kidding.
It's really up to you on this one.
TKInter would probably be easier to learn, since it's your first program.
You could go the route of a GUI builder such as Boa Constructor, but I'd
recommend that you learn
how to use a GUI toolkit before you use a builder, so that you know
exactly what the builder is automating for you.

However, are you sure you want to jump into a GUI right now?
If you're just going for a simple two-textbox, one button, 'type here,
hit the button, and the translated text appears in the other box'
type thing, and not something fancy, I guess it's about as simple of an
introduction to a GUI toolkit as you can get, aside from a
label that says "Hello, World" or other such thing.
Just remember that it's important that you have a firm understanding of
python's built-ins, and I guess Python in general,
before you start trying to use a big external package like a GUI
toolkit, and a little up-front time learning the basics will help you a
great deal in the long run.

 >I'm going to attach the script, just in case you want to see it.
Good job on attaching the script!
I did want to see it.
I can't read the comments, though, but I think I got what it was doing.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
-Luke