[Tutor] Resources for Tkinter...

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 21 00:38:28 CEST 2006

"Asrarahmed Kadri" <ajkadri at googlemail.com> wrote

> I have the Tkinter book by Grayson  (Python and Tkinter
> Programming).. *But
> I must say, its quite boring..*

It is a bit dense. And it jumps from basic to advanced pretty quickly.
But it is thorough and so far I've found very few mistakes.

That makes it a *nice* book for me, I only use it as a reference,
I dont normally try reading whole chapters...

> Do you have any suggestions for  a nice book or web resource..??

My other Tk resources are nearly all based on Tcl/Tk.
The Tcl/Tk in a Nutshell is very useful(covers Tix too), but you do
need to be happy translating Tcl/Tk into Python/Tkinter...

For beginner level Ivor Lanningham's book "Teach Yourself Python
in 24 Hours" has 3 or 4 chapters on Tkinter and a Mandelbrot case
study that pulls it all together.

Alan G.