[Tutor] python equivalent of perl readlink()?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:58:12 CEST 2006

>From what I understand, Python 3000 is going to break backwards
> compatibility. However, I think I read that someone is writing a utility
> that will translate your pre-Python 3000 code to Python 3000 code.

this will mainly be side effects or for features that are deprecated
(sufficient notice is being given for those on the hit list).  as with
most Python releases, they will try as best they can to keep old
programs running.  in other words, they're not "starting from
scratch."  your simple Python scripts that don't involve exotic
constructs and calls should still work for the most part.

regards,
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com