[Tutor] executing with double click on linux

Alfonso euoar at yahoo.es
Wed Oct 11 21:42:18 CEST 2006

Sorry for the too obvious question. I'm new to python and have no idea
how can I make execute a compiled .pyc with a double click in linux,
with gnome. Trying to double click in a .py gives allways the question
wether I want to execute the text file, or read it. (This behaviour can
be changed with gconf-editor, but as it is for security matters, I would
prefer to execute the .pyc with a double click). I have tried to
associate python to the .pyc (first time I executed it there was no
programm associated), but it doesn't work.

Thank you for your answer.