[Tutor] Beautiful Soup

Akash akashmahajan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 20:53:39 CET 2006

On 11/30/06, Shitiz Bansal <shitizb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using beautiful soup for extracting links from a web page.
> Most pages use relative links in their pages which is causing a problem. Is
> there any library to extract complete links or do i have to parse this
> myself?

Beautiful Soup can also extract text which is present on the page. If
there are no complete links no library can do that for you. But since
you are reaching a certain web page to extract you already have that
URL information with you. All you have to do then is to prefix it to
each extracted URL.

HTH

akash