[Tutor] Use Python to learn kids (9 yr) to program

Senthil_OR at Dell.com Senthil_OR at Dell.com
Wed Nov 29 19:31:04 CET 2006

Hi,
    Playing with Guido Van Robot http://gvr.sf.net is another good option to teach programming to young ones. Rurple is just another graphic representation of the gvr.

--
Senthil

________________________________

From: tutor-bounces at python.org [mailto:tutor-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Andre Roberge
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:26 PM
To: anders.u.persson at telia.com
Cc: bp
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Use Python to learn kids (9 yr) to program

HI-

I think Python is a great choice.

You may want to have a look, as a first step, at rur-ple <http://rur-ple.sourceforge.net> .  Then, as a next step (although it might be a bit steep), you may want to have a look at livewires <http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/> .   This will provide a good introduction to pygame <http://www.pygame.org> .

André