[Tutor] Game programming - inventory management (was Help)

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 07:50:33 CET 2006

Bob Gailer wrote:
> Please use a meaningful subject line. Many of us try to follow
> "threads", and "help" does not help.
> I have provided one for this case.
>
> Mohammed H. Hafeji wrote:
>
>> Need some help in python.
>>
>> How do i make the user choose wheter or not to pick it up? (i can do
>> picking up an item from a list):
>> [snip bolded python code]

Please also don't format your code to look different from the rest of
the e-mail.
I know what Python code looks like without seeing it bolded, italicized
or colorized.

>> But i cant do when u have a choice to pick up or not.

It is helpful if you tell us what you have tried.
'I can't do x' doesn't help.
'I did x, but it didn't work out right.  I think x is working this way,
but I meant for it to work that way.' would be very helpful.

>> Also if not too much trouble then how can i do:
>>
>> IF the user picks the bat up then when he comes across the vampire
>> then he kills it, but if he hasnt pickd up the bat then he dies?

What have you tried for this?
What do you think you might do?

>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> P.S. Could u plz email sum code

We're not here to provide code for you.  It's a tutor list, meant to
help you learn Python.
Giving you the code you want is most likely not going to help you nearly
as much as if you had to make it yourself.