[Tutor] Does Fredrik Lundh's console module work on Win XP?

Tim Golden Tim.Golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 12:31:40 CET 2006

[Dick Moores]

| This seems it might be very useful. I just downloaded and thought I'd
| installed "console-1.1a1-20011229.win32-py2.5.exe"  in Python 2.5 in
| Win XP, but I can't get it to appear.
|
| My attempts:
| =======================================
| E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages>Console.py
| Traceback (most recent call last):
|    File "E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\Console.py", line 34, in ?
|      raise ImportError, "installation error: cannot find a
| console driver"
| ImportError: installation error: cannot find a console driver

Most likely bet here is that you don't have
Python25 linked to .py files. What does:

ftype python.file

show?

| E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages>python Console.py
| (silence)

Do you mean it hung: didn't come back to the command
prompt? Or merely started, finished, and did nothing?
If the latter, then that's what I'd expect, since the
module does nothing except import things for you
to use from your own code.

TJG