[Tutor] help with Tkinter, please

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 28 10:16:23 CET 2006

"wesley chun" <wescpy at gmail.com> wrote

> do the calculations.  if your operating system supports daemon
> threads, set your unimportant threads as daemon threads -- from the
> docs:
>
> "The entire Python program exits when no active non-daemon threads
> are left."

Wes,
why do you recommend the use of daemons here?
Wouldn't that just leave a load of silently running daemon
threads eating up resources after the main program finishes?
I don't see the logic of that one? I'd have thought you wanted
to be sure all application threads died when the app died?

What am I missing?

Alan G.