[Tutor] Newbie question: join() string method

Moedeloos Overste kloosterjunkie at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 13:20:41 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to use the join() method on a list to be able to store the
contents of that list in a file. Basically I want the contents of the list
stored without the []. I've tried numerous ways of using the join() method,
but they all return errors. I've tried using the tutorial and documentation
on this one but still can't work it out.

errors: TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, int found

code:
LotNumbers = random.sample(range(1,45), 6) #random numbers from range into
list)
    ','.join()                                                  #?what's the
correct syntax?
    fout = open("draw__output.dat", "a")
    fout.write(LotNumbers)                             #writing string to
file
    fout.close()
    vDraws = vDraws - 1

Can someone show me the correct way to use the join() method in this case?

Many thanks,

Robert