[Tutor] Please suggest a python book

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 27 00:20:55 CET 2006

"Narasimha" <engnarasimha at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:45679627.36188e98.0441.ffff86d6 at mx.google.com...
> Hi! Friends,
>
> I am new to python. I have a vacation of 15 days. Please suggest me
> a python
> book (or a website).
>
> I already know C language. I have heard much about Python.

If you know C then the best place to start is the official tutorial
on the Python web site (or in the documentation download).

You can then proceed either to one of the Special Interest areas
or Topic Guides or for more general info DiveIntoPython as already
suggested.

Personally I'd suggest that you'll learn more by doing the
official tutor(2 days max!) and then just writing some code...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site