[Tutor] exception not raised XP file ?

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 19 01:09:23 CET 2006

Dave S schreef:
> Is it just me - I seem to run into a lot of weird behaviour in windows (but
> then I am a Linux Junky :)

It's not just you. I knew Windows long before I started to know and
learn Linux, and before that I knew MS-DOS. But still I have a better
understanding of the concepts, philosophy and inner workings of Linux
(and Unix in general) than Windows.

I think there are several reasons for that. One is that I think that
Unix really is more logically designed.

Another is that Unix is IMO better documented: even pretty basic user
guides explain the basic concepts behind for instance processes and the
file system. It's very hard, in my experience, to find a clear
explanation on those concepts and the reasonings behind them in Windows.

Roel Schroeven