[Tutor] First realscript + Game of Life

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Sun Nov 12 01:28:53 CET 2006

Luke Paireepinart wrote:
>>> The function just mathematically converted a base-10 number into a
>>> base-2 number.

For what its worth - we say "base 10" to mean "decimal". But 10 =
decimal only when we have already agreed we are talking decimal!
Consider a planet where residents have 8 fingers. They count 0 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 10 11. When referring to their number system they also say "base
10". Ditto for any other number base.

So recognize there is tacit agreement that we are speaking decimal
unless we say otherwise.

Also if you told a "binary" person that his base was 2 he could not
understand that. To him it is base 10

--
Bob Gailer
510-978-4454