[Tutor] datetimetype vs datetime.datetime

johnf jfabiani at yolo.com
Fri Nov 10 04:55:12 CET 2006

Hi
I'm working on a python interface to freetds.  And freetds can access MS SQL
database engines.  But I'm having trouble with datatime datatypes.

The python module I'm using is MSSQL.py written back in 2003.  After getting
it compiled access to MS SQL works if I stay with simple datatypes (int,
varchar).  But when the table has a datetime field the MSSQL.py module
returns a 'DateTimeType' i.e.
Jan 13 2006 12:00AM

The question is how can I convert the 'DateTimeType' to a datetime.datetime?

John