[Tutor] python Error:IndentationError: expected an indented block

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 8 19:33:22 CET 2006

"Antonios Katsikadamos" <antonioskatsikadamos at yahoo.com> wrote

> hi all. I try to run an old python code and i get the following
> message
>
> File "/home/antonis/db/access.py", line 119
>     def DoCsubnet1 (action, subject, target, args):             #
> DoC servers net
>       ^
> IndentationError: expected an indented block
>
> 1) and I don't know what causes it. I would be grate full if you
> could give me a tip.
>
> 2) how can i overcome it? Can i use the keyword pass?and if how ccan
> i use it

Please don't just keep posting the same question over and over.

Kent has already explained what an indentation error is
and asked you to post the actual code plus the error message.

We cannot give you any more help with the data you have
given us. We need to see the code to work out what is wrong.

If the code file is very long then send, say, 10 lines before and
after the line that the error is reported on.

Alan G.