[Tutor] Ruby Code Blocks vs. Python Lambdas

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Tue Nov 7 19:43:43 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, den 07.11.2006, 17:22 +0000 schrieb Alan Gauld:
> Apropos of nothing at all...
>
> "Kent Johnson" <kent37 at tds.net> wrote
> > Carroll, Barry wrote:
> >> ... consensus was that Python was much better than Ruby
> >
> > Sounds like you had a table full of Pythonistas.
>
> And Andreas, Danny and I also argued for Ruby.
Please note, that I did not argue for Ruby. I just mentioned, that it's
a valid choice, for most purposes where Python is a valid choice and the
other way around. And I explained why I feel better with Python for my
personal stuff; it doesn't change a thing that we have a mixed Ruby
(frontend)/ Python (backend) landscape at the "office".

> And elsewhere Tim making a case for Rebol.
>
> It just strikes me as interesting that on a Python oriented mailing
> list we have people arguing in defence of other languages! This
languages are tools. And I guess I know a number of other languages too,
despite being a Python guy. ;)

Andreas