[Tutor] Print Screen

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 02:06:17 CET 2006

I didn't set up a design doc or anything.
I just randomly have ideas sometimes and I just make a prototype first so I
can see what kind of problems arise,
because when I just think about it I can't determine what I will need in
order to make the app.
For example, all the functions that I found to do this type of stuff.
>_>
Yeah, I don't plan ahead.
Which is why I might fail my Software Engineering class when I'm a senior.
Ah well.
I'm in the process of learning how to make requirements sheets and such,
and unit tests.  I'm not good at that kind of stuff right at the moment.

Well, the long and short of it is,
I don't have anything that would be of help to you, except ideas about how
things can be done.
And the guy who wrote that vnc client probably has thought through all of
these things more thoroughly than I have.

One thing I was also trying to make a prototype of, so I could integrate it
into the VNC app if I ever got around to it,
was a VoIP client/server.
I was going to use Speex as the audio codec, and use pyMedia as the
microphone input.
The only problem I had was that the pySpeex bindings were only compiled for
python 2.2,
and I'm trying to get them to compile for 2.4.
I installed Visual Studio .net 2003, which is supposedly the compiler they
used for python 2.4,
but I still haven't managed to get the kinks worked out well enough for a
compile to work.
I think the speex guys changed around where all the source codes are
located,
so I've been trying to re-arrange everything into the directory structure
the python compile script expects.
So yeah.
If I get that working, the actual VoIP part shouldn't be too hard.
pySpeex looks like it should be able to integrate with pyMedia, and pyMedia
makes microphone input super-easy.
I'm not sure what version of Visual Studio 2.5 was built with, but if I can
get a copy of it, I'll probably try to compile pySpeex for 2.5 also.