[Tutor] how to test .mov file using python

Hugo Gonzalez M hugonz-lists at h-lab.net
Wed Nov 1 22:25:49 CET 2006

yuz10 at psu.edu wrote:
> Andreas,
> Thank you very much for your reply. "Using mplayer to test if the video
> track decodes" sounds like a good idea. I am a new python user. Could
> you please talk more details about how to do that.
Hi,

mplayer is a separate program and has nothing to do with Python (apart
from the fact that you could somehow control it) You can find it at
www.mplayerhq.hu

There is AFAIK, no python module for working with quicktime files. For
writing one, you'd need specifics on how qicktime works, but it is not
meant for newbies.

I recommend  you pick some other project if you want to start working
with Python; for the QT file, use mplayer. It even has a verbose mode
for outputting lots of debugging information about the QT file.

HTH

Hugo