[Tutor] MySQLdb.converters.escape() type error

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Sun May 28 22:03:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

after upgrading to MySQL 5 and MySQLdb 1.2.1_p2, I have the following problem:

self.db=MySQLdb.connect(host=host, user=user, passwd=passwd, db=db, cursorclass=MySQLdb.cursors.DictCursor)
stringel = 'Some string'
stringel = self.db.escape(stringel)

  File "./test.py", line 12, in ?
    stringel = self.db.escape(stringel)
TypeError: no default type converter defined

I checked the documentation for MySQLdb.converters and saw that the escape() function takes a dictionary as an obligatory second argument.

This is odd, because I have always been using escape(string) without a problem.

The changes in MySQLdb 1.2.1_p2 list:

"Mapped a lot of new 4.1 and 5.0 error codes to Python exceptions"

Could someone point me to the problem in the MySQL side? Thanks in advance!

- Jan
--
Any technology which is distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.