[Tutor] help...newbie

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon May 22 21:24:34 CEST 2006

Hi Joe,

> Hello, I am pretty sure I am sending this to the right email
> address.

Looks like it :-)

> But anyway I need help.  I started learning python,

How are you learning? Have you found a tutorial yet?
If you already know how to program in another language
the official tutorial on the python web site is quite good.

If you are a complete beginner then the python web site has
a page of suggested tutoriuals, including mine.

> and I wanna know how to make a simple program, that
> displays text and when the user presses enter more text
> is displayed.  And so and so until the end.  Thank you, joe.

Any particular text? Or just random letters?
Do you mean a paging program like more on Unix? (or type in DOS)
Thats a fairly easy project and most of the tutorials should help
you write that. nHave a go and if you get stuck tell us what you
tried, what went wrong (including any error messages) and we'll
try to help out.

Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site