[Tutor] Fwd: eclipseplugin for python

Don Taylor nospamformeSVP at gmail.com
Thu May 11 20:33:47 CEST 2006

shivayogi kumbar wrote:

> I downloaded  python plugin for eclipse by directly downloading zip file
> and extracting under eclipse folder; because it could not update via
> PROXY. It was suggested to update plugins from eclipse IDE only. I am
> unable to use that plugin(Python) in eclipse. Is it a problem of proxy
> or any other? I want to know how to configure eclipse to adapt to python.
> Let me know latest version of eclipse and python plugin.
> Thanks.

I don't know about your proxy question - that sounds like a question for
the Eclipse folks.

I have installed the Pydev from the .zip file and as long you have
unpacked it and moved the contents into the correct folders under
Eclipse then it should work fine.

Read this and follow it carefully and you should be OK:
http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_install.html

The .zip install procedure is about halfway down.

If you still have problems then try asking Fabio Zadrozny on the Pydev
user list.  He is always very helpful.

or
pydev-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Don.