[Tutor] why different

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri May 5 23:41:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006, linda.s wrote:

> I have two drives. The python24 is installed in c: and the code is in d:
> drive (d:\data).
> so what I did is:
> d:\data> c:\python24\python test.py

Hi Linda,

Can you copy and paste the code to test.py?  I suspect that the code does
not contain a necessary import statement, but without seeing the code, we
can't really say what's going on.

Also, just off-hand: do you have several versions of Python on your
system?  I see you have Python 2.4.  Do you know if you have another
version of Python installed?

The reason we ask is because of the following scenario: one possibility is
that the Numeric module is installed for another version of Python --- the
one you're running with PythonWin --- and that would also explain the
symptoms.  But this is only a possibility; let's learn a little more about
the situation.