[Tutor] Memory Management etc

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri May 5 09:18:01 CEST 2006

> The reason I think it is memory is that the amount of memory
> available to the programme is the only variable - I'm using two
> identical hardware/software environments apart from this.

I assume from this that you have explicitly turned off virtual
memory on both machines?

> crashes on anything else.  The only extraordinary thing about the
> programme (apart from performance) is the huge amount of dynamic
> data it uses.

Have you checked Dr Watson debugging? That should capture the
memory image at the time of the crash. Although if you have turned
off virtual memory that might not work!

You should be able to see the dr watson logfuile after rebooting the
pc.

Alan G