[Tutor] Books

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 15:10:35 CEST 2006

--- John Connors <oztriking at hotmail.com> wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I know this is a difficult question to answer
> because it's probably more a
> matter of personal taste than anything else.
>
> I'm retired so money has to be watched fairly
> carefully and books are kind
> of expensive down here in Australia but the Mrs has
> said I can lash out on a
> book for my birthday. So I was wondering (bearing in
> mimd that I'm only 2 or
> 3 steps above total beginner), what is the one book
> on python that I
> shouldn't be without?
>
> John

Hi John,

I would suggest you:

"Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional", by
Magnus Lie Hetland
Publisher: Apress (September 26, 2005)
ISBN: 159059519X

In my opinion, this is the best and the most
up-to-date Python book for beginner/intermediate
available. I am studying Python by myself with this
book, and I am enjoying it a lot.

I hope this help.
Hoffmann