[Tutor] Apple Remote "Mouse"

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 10:29:24 CEST 2006

[Johnston Jiaa]

| I recently bought a Macbook Pro from Apple.  As it comes with
| a remote, I thought it would be great to use it as a mouse
| when not in Front Row.  The fast forward button would move
| the cursor to the left, the volume increase would move it up
| the screen, etc and the play button would serve as a "click."
|
| Is there any way to manipulate the cursor position on the
| screen using Python?  It is greatly appreciated if someone
| can point in the direction of where to look or what to search
| as no immediately useful hits came up from google.

Just to warn you: this message will not directly
help you to solve your problem, but...

... this seems to me to be the kind of query where
you could legitimately post to the main Python
newsgroup / mailing list and/or to some Mac-specific
one, if there is such a thing. What you're asking is
not really about Python as such, but about whatever
the technologies are within the Macbook environment
for detecting and controlling remote devices.

I suggest, if you haven't already, that you post to the
main Python list, but first have a Google around to see
if someone's done this using *any* programming language
which might be a good starting point for someone to
explain how to translate that into Python.

TJG