[Tutor] Getting started - IDLE won't run

Shaun Ross rovingmedic at msn.com
Thu Mar 23 12:07:08 CET 2006

Hi Alan,

I found those references on the Python site. I tried the fixes but nothing
seemed to work. I just resorted to re-installing Python to the default
directory and everything is working great now. It seems that the space in
pathnames (C:\Program Files\) is the big problem.

I'm still a novice to all this, but maybe there is a bug in the way IDLE
creates the path on installation.

Thanks for all your efforts in creating the tutorial. I'm slowly working
through that now. Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,
Shaun