[Tutor] "Unexcepted Python Error : Exceptions.IOError: [Errorno 9] Bad File descriptor"

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Mar 15 14:53:00 CET 2006

K.Vijaya Balaji Chellamani wrote:
> Respected Sir ,
>                         I am new and introducing myself as Vijaya Balaji
> Chellmani . When i was using the python for my office application ( uses
> VC++ ) unfortunately i was awarded with unexcepted python error .The
> error is
> "Unexcepted Python Error : Exceptions.IOError: [Errorno 9] Bad File
> descriptor"

You don't give us much to work with. Is there a stack trace associated
with the error message? Can you show us the actual code that causes the
error?

Googling for the error message gives a hint that it may be caused by
trying to write to stdout when the process does not have stdout defined.

HTH
Kent