[Tutor] Python interpreter/Xemacs and the py-execute-buffer

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 9 21:53:51 CET 2006

> I have been using Xemacs 21.4 Patch 13 on Windows XP with Python 2.4.2
> (final). Whenever I try to run a script inside the xemacs window using:
> C-c C-c I get the following: Opening output file: Invalid argument,
> C:\Documents and Settings\jkat\Local Settings\Temp;C:\Devel\emacsk2AS2x

Hi Francesco,

Hmmm.  This looks like it might be a bug in the python bindings that
xemacs is using.  If you are using python-mode.el, then you may want to
send this off to SF as a bug report.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=581349&group_id=86916&func=browse

If you're using the python bindings built into xemacs, I think you need to
contact the xemacs folks then.

Assuming that you're using python-mode.el, offhand, does running the
Python interpreter "C-c !" work for you?  If so, then once the *Python*
buffer is up, does "C-c C-c" work then?

Are you using the latest python-mode.el?

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/EmacsPythonMode

Good luck!