[Tutor] Tutorial for creating web server

John Fouhy john at fouhy.net
Fri Mar 3 05:31:41 CET 2006

On 03/03/06, Rakesh Mishra <rakesh.mishra at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
>  i wanted to create my own web server, can any body suggest any tutorial,
>  by the way i have gone through book Core Python Programing, in this book
>  one example is given but it is to abstract, that i am unable to understand

Do you actually want to create a web server, or do you mean something
like CGI programming?

If you want to do a web server, you could look at the socket module in
the standard library, and track down the RFC that describes the HTTP
protocol.

Or you could look at BaseHTTPServer or SimpleHTTPServer, again both in
the standard library.  I've never used them, but it seems like they
will drastically simplify the task of making a web server.

--
John.