[Tutor] search engine

Evans Anyokwu fiveholiday55 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 20:39:25 CEST 2006

it would be very hard to know the type of help you need at this time. You have not really written a single line of code and besides, no one will start it for you unless you have a specific problem that needs attention.

Again, it sounds to me as though you've not actually grasped the scope of your intended project anyway. Until you have it defined and designed, it will remain/exist in your head which is the same problem that new developers like yourself have.

A piece of advice, get a piece of paper, jot down what you want to do, or in effect, design your project prototype and the finally product. This will help you narrow down what you need to do and where/when to start and end.

Finally, when you request help from lists like this, make your request very clear and precise; the guys here are more than happy to help you, trust me :)  Projects like search engines are too ambiguous, generic and not defined. We don't know if you want to become a new Google, or you want a search facility for your site, or ...

Be very direct and please use Google to do your search first before requesting help.

Good luck

Evans