[Tutor] combo box

Michael Lange klappnase at freenet.de
Wed Jun 7 23:52:15 CEST 2006

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:39:21 +0700
kakada <hokkakada at khmeros.info> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I am now working on GUI python (Tkinter).
> I want to use combobox as my widget, but I cannot find it in any document.
>
> Does anybody have experience with that?

There is no ComboBox widget in plain Tkinter.
Probably the easiest way to get one is to use Tix which is included in the windows python
distribution and should be available in any recent linux distro.

If you want to use Tix simply replace the import line

    from Tkinter import *

with

    from Tix import *

You then can use your Tknter widgets as usual, plus a nice set of extra widgets (ComboBox, NoteBook, DirTree etc.) .

I hope this helps

Michael