[Tutor] question about headers and smtplib

Dustin J. Mitchell python-tutor at v.igoro.us
Mon Jul 31 20:07:18 CEST 2006

shawn bright wrote:
> the only difference in one from the other is that in the headers of the
> other app (not my python script)
> there exist the following lines:

> i do not understand how to make mine work and include (or configure to)
> the above example.
>
> anyone point me in a right direction ?

It's hard to tell what the problem is without seeing the error messages
-- do you get a "bounce"?  Is there anything in your logfile?  Have you
tried set_debuglevel and looking at the output?  If you have information
there, but don't know how to interpret it, post it here and we'll take a
look.

You could try adding the Content-Type header to your own messages.
People configure mailservers in a lot of weird ways, and it's possible
that some mailservers reject emails without a Content-Type header..

Dustin