[Tutor] IDE for Python

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Wed Jul 26 01:02:08 CEST 2006

Raj:

I prefer ViM as well.  I have tried several IDEs: Idle, SlickEdit,
Eclipse/PyDev, Stani's Python Editor (SPE).  None of them manages
multiple editing windows as well as ViM, and that is the feature I use
most.

In a typical editing session I will have six or more editing windows
open, accessing perhaps three different files.  ViM handles all this
effortlessly.  It allows me to have many windows open at once, each one
in the position and of the size that best matches my need at the moment.
Resizing, opening and closing windows, displaying a new file in an
existing window, chancing focus from one window to another.  ViM handles
these tasks far better than any of the IDEs I have tried.

Regards,

Barry
barry.carroll at psc.com
541-302-1107
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.

-Quarry worker's creed