[Tutor] I am not really convinced using Python...

Bertrand-Xavier M. katsanqat at orange.fr
Tue Jul 25 17:13:00 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 16:42, K.R.L. NARASIMHA wrote:
> Hey friends,good day.
>   I am not a newbie to programming.I already learnt C language.I enjoyed it
> a lot. But I am not a computer student.So I don't require a hifi language
> like C. I am an electronics student.I would really like to know if the
> language like Python will be of any help(use) to me.Also I heard that it is
> an intrepeter language. Is it true?If yes I would like to know whether it
> is fast or not.Also I would like to know the capabilities of Python. (If I
> am really convinced I would use it for my life)..

Hi,
Yep Python is an interpreted language. In other words every python app needs
the python interpreter to be able to run.

As for performances, it is slightly above Perl end PHP. Slightly, question of
microseconds. I've been doing benchmark tests.
In terms of GUI apps, when it comes to widgets there's no difference between
Python and the C language (our only one real and verifiable religion) . But
they can't be compared as C produces native code.

As a high-level language -with all this involves- Python simply rules it all.
Particulary for scientists. I guess you're one of them.

Best Regards,
Rob Sinclar