[Tutor] Needing to create a program that will search my hard drive for certain files in certain folders

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 19 15:57:22 CEST 2006

> I would like to create an executable program that when ran it will
> search my hard drive for certain folders that contain different files.
> Once the program finds these folders, I would like the program to zip
> each of the folders up and then e-mail each of the folders to a certain
> e-mail address.

Hi Bobby,

This does sound possible.  We had some discussion on things like this a
few weeks ago; you can browse through the archives at:

     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/

In particular, last week's thread "how can I copy files recursively":

     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2006-July/047903.html

had some information for doing searches across the filesystem.

> If this is possible?  How would I do this (please remember that I am new
> to Programming in Python).

But are you new to programming?  If you are new to programming, you may
need to develop some basic programming skills first before tackling your
problem.

Best of wishes!