[Tutor] Needing to create a program that will search my hard drive for certain files in certain folders

Bobby J. Howerton Jr. Bobby.Howerton at park.edu
Tue Jul 18 21:41:35 CEST 2006

Hello,
I am new to programming in Python, but I am very excited about
the possibilities that it (Python) has.

I maybe jumping the gun a little bit here, but this is what I would
like to do:

I would like to create an executable program that when ran it will
search my hard drive for certain folders that contain different
files. Once the program finds these folders, I would like the program
to zip each of the folders up and then e-mail each of the folders to a
certain e-mail address.

Is this possible??? I have been told by someone else that it is
just want to make sure.

If this is possible
How would I do this (please remember that I am
new to Programming in Python).

Thanks for all of the help.

Bobby