[Tutor] Python Programming Books

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 21:26:04 CEST 2006

> I have three books on Python programming, "Learning Python" by O'Reilly,
> "Beginning Python" by Hetland, and "Python in a Nutshell" by O'Reilly.  Are
> these good (recommended) books?  Any others that might be recommended?

Learning is a good book to learn from if you already know C.
Beginning is a good book that is a general high-level introduction to
Python.  finally, Nutshell is a reference book, not a book to "learn"
Python from. if you're looking for references, you may also consider
the excellent Python Essential Reference (Beazley).

if you want to demphasize the C, get more knowledge than just
high-level, want a pseudo-reference, want to learn Python by trying
all kinds of interesting exercises, and can wait a month and a half,
i'm wrapping up the 2nd edition of "Core Python" now.

for more info, click the link below to get to the book's website.
there is also a link to the Reviews page so that you can see all
feedback on the 1st edition.

while it would be a conflict-of-interest for me to give *my* opinion
of the book, it appears to be pretty well-received (mostly by
word-of-mouth) based on comments i've seen so far.  :-)

cheers,
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com