[Tutor] How can I copy files recursively?

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 05:50:03 CEST 2006

I know this is probably a dumb question:

I've got mp3 files that are downloaded (by ipodder) into individual
subfolders. I'd like to write a quick script to move (not copy) all the mp3
files in those folders into a single destination folder. I was thinking I
could do it easily from the linux command line (cp -r copies the subfolders
out as well) but I can't figure out how to do it. Is there an easy way to
achieve this using Python? I am assuming this would be something Python was
designed to make easy..