[Tutor] Logical Sorting [Off-Topic]

زياد بن زياد بن
Sat Jul 8 18:49:44 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 14:39 +0200, Norbert Kaufmann wrote:
 <زياد بن عبدالعزيز الباتلي wrote:
> [...]
> > Or use ‘ls -v’.  (I said it's “off topic” on the subject, sorry!  It
> > might escaped you, but ‘ls’ _does_ have a proper sort by version.)
> >

> Which OS?
>
> ~$ uname -mrs
> FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE i386
> ~$ ls -v
> ls: illegal option -- v
> usage: ls [-ABCFGHILPRSTUWZabcdfghiklmnopqrstuwx1] [file ...]
>
> 'The Open Group Base Specifications' does not list '-v' either.
>
> Norbert

Almost all Linux flavours a used have that.  I'm currently using “Ubuntu
5.10”.  Here's the output of “ls --version”:
        zamb ~ $ ls --version
        ls (coreutils) 5.2.1
        Written by Richard Stallman and David MacKenzie.

        This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
        is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
        PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Ziyad.