[Tutor] Simple MS Windows Shell Extension?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 09:46:30 CET 2006

> I have a python script that I want my users to execute with a
> "Right-Mouse-Click" on a file under Windows XP.
>
> (If possible without changing the default "Open with ..." behavior from
> Windows.)

Use Windows explorer to edit the options on that file type.
You can add new context menu items using the

Tools->FolderOptions->FileTypes

dialog tab.

For instance I have several options for a Python sdcript including
Edit  (in IDLE), View (in Scite)
in addition to the usual Open (run it), and Edit with Vim (guess!:-)
that are always there.

Alan G.