[Tutor] Open file error

andy senoaji andy.senoaji at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:01:30 CET 2006

I'm back to my home machine, and ran again the open method, just to test my
sanity Here are the results:
>>> f=open(r'c:\Test.txt','r')
Traceback (most recent call last):
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\Test.txt'
>>> f=open(r'c:\\Test.txt','r')
Traceback (most recent call last):
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\\\Test.txt'
>>> f=open(r'C:/Test.txt','r')
Traceback (most recent call last):
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Test.txt'
>>> f=open('c:\\Test.txt','r')
Traceback (most recent call last):
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\Test.txt'

Now with all the explanations of r, slash, double slash, and backslash, I
can't really figure out what's going on.....
Any hints is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy