[Tutor] PIL, fonts and making images (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 17 19:21:00 CET 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:47:58 +0100
From: Rinzwind <w.damen at gmail.com>
To: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: PIL, fonts and making images

That's not good.

Well I guess it does what it is suppose to do: make it able to create
diagrams and the person who made them didn't intend them to be used as
text. Oh and I guess it's made for Windows :P
Pity. My idea seemed cool when I thought of it :-)

Oh and I did it with a detour: opened up GIMP and made my own 90x90
PNG's. In my new 'chess' game I'll convert them to smaller if needed.
It's just that with the way I tgought I'd do it I'd be able to have a
fonts dir and people could add their own and I'd automagically made
them into screens.

I'll have a look at another chess font when I am home if it's also
with others (only tried with one :-P )