[Tutor] "while" loop for satisfing two conditions ,

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Jan 15 14:36:50 CET 2006

> From: John Joseph <jjk_saji at yahoo.com>

>    I am trying to use “while” loop  , here I want
> while loop to check for two conditions , I  am not
> getting an idea  how to use “while” loop for  checking
> two conditions
>                 I  used "&" condition , but it is not
> giving me the expected results
>         I used in this way
>
>              while (condition no 1) & (condition no2):
> 	 	print “Results”

Use 'and' instead of &. & is a bitwise logical AND - it operates on the individual bits of its arguments. 'and' treats the full operand as a logical value. The results can be different:
 >>> [1] & [2]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'list' and 'list'
 >>> [1] and [2]
[2]
 >>> 2 & 1
0