[Tutor] Design suggestion - is a cookie the answer?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 14:18:35 CET 2006

> by pressing the refresh button they get the results checked and the
> points awarded without any work. This is a combination of my bad
> design and their ingenuity (bless 'em).

I'd recommend using client side JavaScript for this.
Create a submit function in JavaScript that will only
actually submit the form if all the questions have been
completed.

Of course that does mean learning some JavaScript if you don't
already know it, but almost any JavaScript primer will tell you
how to do pre-submit data validation using the onSubmit action.

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor