[Tutor] query regarding mysql database backup?? please Help

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 23:33:06 CET 2006

> > os.system("mysqldump --add-drop-table -c -u root  -pmysql
> > max_everest_2006 > "+target_dir+"/table.bak.sql")
>
> root is my user name,mysql is my password

You shouldn't use root to adnin a database, it leaves you open to
all sorts of security holes.

And you shouldn't post your root password on a public list, I hope it
wasn't really your password or that you changed it immediately!

> but it tolds me that does not recognise mysqldump as an internal
> or external command

I suspect the path needs to be set or more likely you provide the full
path of the mysqldump command to os.system...

HTH,

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor