[Tutor] glibc error while Python script runs

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 4 22:58:39 CET 2006

> rn200.bbfxa.com Wed Jan  4 16:23:36 2006 [jobid: 9]: Get status of all
> local jobs for this job...
>
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x09484d58 ***
> Aborted

Hi Bernard,

Ugh.  I hate memory allocation bugs.

Is it reproducable? Can you run this through a debugger like GDB to find
out where we are when this happens?  A stack trace will be invaluable
because we need to know who to blame.  *grin* We need to know if it's
Python that's doing this, or if it's MySQLdb, or if it's something else
entirely...

Just checking up on this: what version of MySQLdb do you have on those
systems?  I do remember some ugly memory-leaking bugs that haunted ancient
versions of MySQLdb, so I want to make sure we're not hitting those.

Analyzing this might goes out of Tutor's scope, so you may want to bring
this up on a more general forum like comp.lang.python instead.

Best of wishes!